During the season, the courts may be temporarily closed for maintenance. Times, subject to change, are normally as follows: Courts 9 - 12 12 - 1 PM Courts 1, 5, 6, 7 & 8 1 - 2 PM Courts 2 - 4 2:30 - 3:30 PM
Pre and Post Season Tennis
A limited number of courts will be available from approximately Memorial Day to the Club's opening, and from the Club's closing through Columbus Day and later. Court hours will be posted in the Clubhouse. Guests must play with members. There is no charge for guests before the Club opening or after Labor Day.
Court assignments will be made according to the same system used in recent years. A member of the Tennis Committee will be on hand at least once during each day to make sure that everything goes smoothly. Assignment of courts will be managed by the Clerk at the Front Desk.
1. Any group wishing a court will go to the Front Desk when at least two players are assembled and ready to play.
2. All courts will be assigned for one hour sessions except Courts 7 & 8 which may be assigned for 1 1/2 hour for doubles play on a fi rst come first serve basis. Sign up for all courts may be for 1 1/2 hours between 12 - 3 PM.
3. As in previous years, reservations will not be taken in advance by phone or in person. Exceptions: a. Reservations will be taken for play on courts 9-11 between the hours of 12 - 3 PM. b. Two courts will be available daily from 7 - 8 AM only if they are reserved by 6 PM the previous day.
4. When players are ready to play and report to the Front Desk they will, on a fi rst come first served basis, be assigned to courts in the order in which they are vacated. Players will also be told the time they are expected to leave their courts if new players come to replace them. Players are expected to vacate their courts promptly at the designated time if the next group is present. Players leaving their court early must notify the Front Desk.
5. The names of ALL players will be given to the reservation clerk along with each audit number at the time the court is assigned.
6. When players have to wait more than 15 minutes for a court, they will be placed on a waiting list and they must check back with the Front Desk clerk just before their assigned time. The court will be reassigned if the original group does not check back within the allotted time.
7. Members with guests must sign a guest chit when being assigned a court. The three time guest rule as stated in the By-Laws does not apply to tennis guests.
8. No person shall play more than once a day unless filling in with other players who have not yet played that day.
9. Players vacating a court before their hour is up are requested to notify the Front Desk when they leave so that the court can be immediately reassigned.
10. Waiting time can be substantially reduced if players arrive for play on the quarter hour, half hour, or forty-fi ve minutes past the hour. If everyone habitually arrives for a court on the hour, courts will not become available at regular intervals.
11. Players may be asked to vacate courts to accommodate scheduled mixers and Club-hosted adult and junior matches.
12. Adult players may ask juniors (players under 17) to vacate a court whenever demand requires, except for juniors:
a. Engaged in scheduled tournament matches.
b. Playing on Courts 7 & 8 after 11:00 am
c. Signed up for and assigned to any court between Noon and 3 PM.
13. Tournament matches may not be scheduled during the Women's or Men's Mixers. Once said mixers are underway, members playing in adult tournaments may sign up for courts on the usual first come, first served basis.